June Update: Double Vaxxed & portfolio milestone!
Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – June 2021
- As of tomorrow morning it will be 14 days since my second vaccine. By now most people I know have got their second doses (or are scheduled to get it done this month). Things are slowly opening up, hospital capacity is getting better and there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel!
- We’ve been making it out to the cabin most weekends, and we had our first official “playdate” with one of the kids’ friends from daycare. It was lots of fun and with restrictions opening up, hoping to do some more soon.
- We had our ELEVENTH wedding anniversary! We weren’t really able to do much as things were still locked down, but we had some dinner and wine at the lake, and I’m sure once we are allowed/comfortable we will head to one of our favorite restaurants to celebrate properly.
- The housing market is absolutely insane. Based on recent sales our cabin is now worth (at least) double what we paid for it. It’s tempting to list it and invest a ton/put the money down on the house but the kids would disown me…plus we have been REALLY enjoying our time out there lately.
- I treated myself to 2 new jerseys for the upcoming Gold Cup & World Cup qualifying games (happening in July & September). They came in the mail this month 🙂
- My daughter finished kindergarten, so now we will be back to a bit of a “normal” routine for the summer. Starting in September she will be in school full time, so that should also cut our daycare fees down quite a bit! Here she is on her first & last day of school :).
Financial Highlights for June:
- Added to my position in Greenlane Renewables. Picked up an additional 20,000 shares in my RRSP!
- Still sitting on about 25% cash in my RRSP.
- Got dividends from 11 companies and 2 funds. Dripped an additional 43 shares/units.
- Missed out on a huge dividend payment from XAW (since I sold earlier this year) and am still waiting to decide how I want to use the cash. It sucks not seeing that $1500+ dividend hit the account, but on the plus side…..my portfolio (including cash position) reached another all time high – and a bit of a milestone. I cracked $500,000 in June, and ended the month with a portfolio value of just over $507,000!
Passive Income Update For June 2021.
Diversified Royalty Income: $24.89 (dripped 10 shares)
Artis Reit: $41.60 (dripped 3 shares)
Plaza Reit: $32.13 (dripped 7 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.84 (dripped 1 share)
Interrent Reit: $4.50
Canadian Western Bank: $0.29
Western Forest: $20.61 (dripped 10 shares)
Nexus Reit: 14.77 (dripped 1 share)
Fronsac Reit: 9.40
Intertape Polymer Group: $52.80
Manulife: $42.00 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $250.83
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $368.90 (dripped 10.7 shares)
RRSP Total: $377.49
Total Passive Income June 2021: $628.32
My portfolio (including cash position) increased another 2.87% in June to a new record high: $507,24729. I am still sitting on about 25% cash in my RRSP – which I plan on being patient with and waiting to see what happens over the coming months. I put a little bit of it to work adding to my position in Greenlane Renewables when it dipped.
So far in the first 6 months of 2021 I have received $5844.14 in dividend income compared to $6200 in 2020! This is the first time I fell behind compared to last year. The dip is 100% due to the sale of XAW.
Hope you had a great June – and hope you are all ready to cheer on Canada in the Gold Cup starting July 11th!