May Update: Locked Down-but keepin’ busy!
Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – May 2021
- Well – We are still in what is basically a full lockdown. No social gatherings of any kind, kids not in school, only essentials open…BUT it was actually a fairly productive month for the family
- We got the cabin opened up, did all the ranking, cleaned out the gutters, cleared out all the dead/fallen trees and had fires burning most of the weekend(s) to burn everything.
- I finally got a bike! I’ve been looking for a while, and finally grabbed one off Facebook Marketplace. I’ve been trying to get out most nights while the kids are having their quiet time before bed. Today was my longest ride so far (just over 14 km)! It’s a single speed Retrospec. My new bike:
- At home we (and by we I mean my wife) has been getting the gardens all planted. We’ve also been making use of our new 3 piece conversation set on the front porch. Here is a tasty Gin Mint Cocktail we enjoyed on the front porch while the kids were having their ice cream and sitting in one of the new chairs:
- I’m happy to say the wife and I have both recieved our first dose of the vaccine – and hopefully by the next update we will be fully vaccinated. My dad just got his 2nd dose – so things are looking up!
- The Winnipeg Jets knocked out the Oilers which means I’ll have a lot more hockey to watch this month – and on top of that Canada has some very important World Cup qualifying games coming up in June…..AND we have the Euro Cup! It’s gonna be a lot of sports watching for me (and beer drinking). I’ll try and find the time to do a quick write up on the Canadian National team and their upcoming games (for those few soccer fans/friends of mine).
- The water in Lake Winnipeg is the lowest I can remember all my 30+ years going out there. Here are a few pics from last weekend. Note that pier is usually completely under the water, and where Isaac is playing would typically be water well over his head.
Financial Highlights for May:
- I didn’t make any purchases in May (besides dripped shares), but I did continue my bi-weekly contributions into the TFSA’s & Spousal RRSP. I also contributed an additional $300 this month(thanks to the CCB bonus)!
- Still sitting on about 30% cash in my RRSP (from the sale of my XAW shares).
- Got paid from Fronsac Reit for the first time since purchasing the stock last month!
- Got dividends from 7 companies and 1 fund. Dripped an additional 33 shares/units.
- Portfolio (including cash position) reached another all time high! I am getting real close to a new portfolio milestone. I am less than $7,000 away from my stock portfolio reaching half a million dollars!
Passive Income Update For May 2021.
Diversified Royalty Income: $24.72 (dripped 10 shares)
Artis Reit: $41.45 (dripped 3 shares)
Plaza Reit: $31.94 (dripped 8 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.81 (dripped 1 share)
Interrent Reit: $4.50
Nexus Reit: 14.72 (dripped 1 share)
Fronsac Reit: 9.40
TFSA’s Total: $134.54
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $367.85 (dripped 10 shares)
RRSP Total: $367.85
Total Passive Income May 2021: $502.39
My portfolio (including cash position) increased another 0.98% in May to a new record high: $493,074.55. I am still sitting on about 30% cash in my RRSP – which I plan on being patient with and waiting to see what happens over the coming months.
So far in the first 5 months of 2021 I have received $5212.85 in dividend income compared to $4559 in 2020!
Hope you had a great May. Go Canada, Go Jets & Go Holland!