February Update: Meh – No Motivation
Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – February 2021
- I’m not gonna lie the last month or so has really been weighing on me. I haven’t been keeping up with the news, barely logging into twitter, and have had no motivation to write anything on here. This will be a quick to the point update…
- I had my first official even with the Winnipeg Whiskey Club at the end of February. It was a blast. I made it a goal to broaden my whiskey horizon and this definitely helped me do that! It was a peated scotch event. We had samples from six different peated scotches, including a couple heavy hitters. I ranked them in the following order:
1- Port Askaig 25 Year
2- Edradour/Ballechin Cuvee
3- Bruichladdich Octomore
4- Amrut Peated
5- Paul John Edited
6- Scotch Malt Whisky Society 16.41
- Things are slowly starting to open up here in Winnipeg. So far, I haven’t gone to any restaurants or anything, but I have had my brother and mother over for dinner/drinks. Looking forward to the vaccine rollout to start ramping up, and getting back to normal.
Financial Highlights for February:
- Completed & filed my tax return today. I was waiting on one last document which came today. I used Simpletax which I have become an absolute fan of, and highly recommend to everyone! We are getting a decent return, which will be used to pay for the yearly cabin taxes, yearly preschool cost and the rest will be dumped into the TFSA.
- Added to my position in Greenlane Renewables. Picked up an additional 852 shares at $2.17
- Still sitting on a bunch of cash in my RRSP (from the sale of my XAW shares). Waiting another couple months to see what happens before buying back in.
- Finally set up a direct investing RRSP account for my wife, so we can move over some old group RRSP to this account and have everything in one place.
- 2 of my holdings; Nexus Reit & Greenlane Renewables both graduated to the TSX (from the venture)!
- Got dividends from 7 companies and 1 fund.
- Lots of good news/results coming in lately. Artis, Western Forest, Chorus, Go Easy to name a few. Algonquin Power reports tomorrow as well.
- Portfolio reached an all time high (again). At this point it’s almost not worth mentioning. The market makes no sense.
Passive Income Update For February 2021.
Artis Reit: $32.45 (dripped 3 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.76(dripped 1 share)
Plaza Reit: $31.40 (Dripped 8 Shares)
Diversified Royalty: $24.22 (dripped 10 new shares)
Interrent Reit: $4.50
Power Corp: $104.27 (dripped 3 shares)
Nexus Reit: $14.58 (dripped 1 New Shares)
TFSA’s Total: $219.18
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $364.29 (dripped 11.896 shares)
Total Passive Income February 2021: $583.47
My portfolio (including cash position) increased another 5.31% in February to a new record high: $457,763.30. I am currently sitting on about $140,000 in cash in my RRSP which as discussed earlier will be plunked back into XAW eventually.
Hope you had a great February.