September Recap. Bring on hockey season!
Monthly Financial Update
Personal Highlights for September:
- September was a pretty slow month all around. I’ve been fighting a cold for about 2 weeks – which also caused me to miss a concert I had tickets to (Propagandhi).
- With the weather dipping close to zero the last few days, we got the water at the cabin shut down for the year. I’ll have to head out there one last time to pack everything up.
- I had some weird small growth on my eyelid removed. Have you ever had a needle into your eye? It’s…NOT FUN
- This year will be the first time in 9 years that I wont have Jet’s season tickets. On the one hand it’s a little sad, but the money I’ll be saving will be HUGE. I still plan on going to quite a few games, I just wont have to deal with trying to sell the ones I cannot attend (or eating the cost of the ones I can’t sell).
- Speaking of hockey – Sarah from SMILE & CONQUER put together a hockey pool, which I joined, so hopefully I’ll add some passive income to a future update with my pool winnings 🙂
- I joined the Board for my daughters daycare program. I had been looking for a volunteer position anyway, and this came up, so I figured why not. This will be my first time on a board – and from what I’ve been told, I’m the first man to be on the board.
- Financial Highlights for September:
- Reduced bi-weekly amounts into Spousal RRSP, and increased bi-weekly deposits into TFSA.
- A lot of expenses this month. Paid cabin taxes, daughters gymnastics fees, pre school fees, Hockey Pool fees x 2, signed up for yearly subscriptions of DAZN, Crave & One Soccer and had the wife’s Bday dinner & gifts.
- Paid dividends from 10 companies, and 1 funds. Dripped a total of 58 new shares/unites.
- Received my first dividend payment from newly acquired stock CAE.
- My largest holding(RBC Canadian Equity Income Fund) reached a value of over $100,000.
- Portfolio hit a new all time high!
Passive Income Update For September 2019.
Diversified Royalty: $10.07 (dripped 3 shares)
Artis Reit: $27.45 (dripped 2 shares)
Western Forest: $43.43 (dripped 33 shares)
Interrent Reit: $4.01
Canadian Western Bank: $0.28
Plaza Reit: $28.44 (dripped 6 shares)
Power Corp: $86.67 (dripped 2 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.64 (dripped 1 share)
Intertape Polymer Group: $53.92
TFSA’s Total: $265.91
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $335.56 (dripped 11 new units)
Total Passive Income September 2019: $628.31
Total passive income in September was $628.31. This is my second highest month this year, and it represents a 31.93% increase from last September!
My portfolio currently sits at: $347,088.02. This represents an increase of 8.86% Year over Year.
Thanks for reading, Cheers!