August Update. The “I’m getting old” edition.
Monthly Financial Update
Personal Highlights for August:
- I just celebrated my 36th Birthday. Wow, I’m old..and I’m feeling it. My back hurts, I got some weird growth on my eyelid, grey hairs are everywhere…So how did I celebrate being so damn old? Naturally the wife and I played Super Mario World and had some drinks…
- In Lieu of random back pain, an ever expanding beer belly and general “oldness” I decided I should probably do something. I registered for soccer (starting in October) and have started running a few miles on the treadmill each night.
- The Premier League has started up again, and I decided to check out the 1 month trial of the subscription service DAZN. So far I’ve only watched 2 games, but I’m leaning towards keeping it.
- Amber got me a bunch of syrups & bitters to add to my cocktail collection, from a locally made company ABIDING CITIZEN. Here is my updated collection:
- Financial Highlights for August:
- Continued bi weekly payments into spousal RRSP (30 units of US Equity Index Fund) and TFSA
- Sold my cocktail Arcade table for $1200 on Facebook Marketplace that was just collecting dust in the basement.
- Transferred half my work RRSP into my direct investing plan. With the proceeds I added 1100 shares of XAW, 1000 unites of RBC Canadian Equity Income Fund, 244 shares of CAE and 256 shares of GSY.
- Paid dividends from 5 companies, and 1 funds. Dripped a total of 23.5 new shares/unites.
Passive Income Update For August 2019.
Diversified Royalty: $10.01 (dripped 3 shares)
Artis Reit: $27.36 (dripped 2 shares)
Interrent Reit: $4.01
Plaza Reit: $28.30 (dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.60 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $ 81.28
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $334.34 (dripped 11.5 new units)
Total Passive Income August 2019: $415.62
Total passive income in August was $415.62. This represents a 24.17% increase from last August!
My portfolio currently sits at: $329,590.46. This represents an increase of 2.63% Year over Year.
Thanks for reading, Cheers!