June Dividend Update. Canada Day Weekend Edition!
Monthly Dividend & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights for June:
- It was a busy month! Holland finished up soccer for the season, Isaac is talking like crazy now, and we spend the Canada Day weekend out at the cabin.
- Picked up a piece of art for my family room at a yard sale for a whopping $1.50!
- Noticed the ol’ beer belly was starting to get out of hand, so decided to cut back my drinking to just weekends, and try to eat better during the week as well. Also started doing a workout routine Monday-Friday. It’s only been about 5 days so far, but already down 3.5 pounds!
- Finished re-reading the Silmarillion, and have now started on Neil Degrasse Tyson’s “Astrophysics for people in a hurry”.
- What started out as an awesome month watching soccer (Women’s world cup & Concacaf Gold Cup) ended up in heartbreak for both the Canadian Men & Women’s teams. Both teams under performed, and are now out of their respective tournaments. On the plus side, I have a lot more time to enjoy the sunshine now!
- We’ve already been out to the cabin more this year than all of last year. Over the long weekend, we had our first swim, first bonfire and first smores of the year! A few pics from the Canada Day Long Weekend:
Penny Enjoying her happy place outside at the cabin. Can’t believe she is going to be 11 in September.
Me & the Lil’ Man @ Canada Day Parade
Holland & Isaac – Just a couple beach bums going for their first swim of the year.
Isaac taking a selfie (and loving it) with Mommy.
- Financial Highlights for June:
- Continued bi weekly payments into spousal RRSP (30 units of US Equity Index Fund) and TFSA
- Cracked $1000 in dividends for the first time in 2019! June is one of the 2 months where my ETF’s pay a dividend, so it’s always a nice boost!
- Added to my position in InterRent Reit (63 new shares @13.57)
- I plan on transferring all my GWL non dividend paying mutual funds to my RBC direct investing account. Once I do, I will split the funds between XAW & my Canadian Equity income fund. This should increase monthly dividends by about $250 and year dividends by approximately $4500.
- Opened a line of credit with my bank.
- Paid dividends from 9 companies, and 2 funds. Dripped a total of 74 new shares.
Passive Income Update For June 2019.
Diversified Royalty: $9.90 (dripped 3 shares)
Artis Reit: $27.18 (dripped 2 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.49
Power Corp: $85.46 (dripped 3 new shares)
Canadian Western Bank: $0.27
Plaza Reit: $28.02 (dripped 6 shares)
Western Forest: $42.82 (dripped 27 new shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.52 (dripped 1 share)
Intertape Polymer Group: $51.30
TFSA’s Total: $ 258.96
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $231.31 (dripped 7.5 new units)
XAW Ishares ex Canada: $665.36 (dripped 25 new units)
Total Passive Income June 2019: $1155.63
Portfolio back up to about where it was in April.
Total passive income in June was $1155.63. This is represents an increase of 18.87% from last June.
My portfolio currently sits at: $336,951.62. This represents an increase of 7.93% Year over Year.
Thanks for reading, Cheers!