January 2019 – Dividend Update
Monthly Dividend Update
January was a pretty good month all around. The blog smashed the all time visitor record, the markets recovered a bit, and I scored some tickets to a limited release bourbon tasting (which takes place next week!)
Personal Highlights for January:
- Highest all time visits to the web page
- I officially sent the letter to my Winnipeg Jets ticket rep telling them I won’t be renewing my season tickets. I’ll be writing a future post explaining why in more detail.
- Started using the treadmill a few times – haven’t set any goals, and don’t have any plans to run any marathons – but feels good to get on their and burn some calories.
- On the booze side of things – tried a few new bottles (Stagg Jr, Knob Creek) and wrote up my first couple reviews. I am very excited to attend my first ever bourbon tasting next week. I also entered a lottery for a chance to win a few bottles from the Buffalo Trace Antique collection
- The kids are both doing great. Isaac is starting to say a few more words, and Holland is becoming a bit more difficult – but in a good/fun way. She enjoys a healthy debate, and is always trying to compromise.
- Started getting some tax receipts…Should have everything in the next month or so, and then can file my taxes 🙂
- It’s been -50 with the windchill the last few days, so we haven’t got outside much – but here is a pic from one of the “warmer” days
Financial Highlights for January:
- Continued bi weekly payments into spousal RRSP (30 units of US Equity Index Fund)
- I was paid by 7 companies and 1 funds. I Dripped 30 new shares/units.
- Portfolio jumped back up over 6% – though still below all time high
- Dripped another ELEVEN shares of Algonquin – Love that company! Hoping for another dividend increase this year:)
- Cashed in my RBC reward points from my credit card for a $500 voucher to be deposited into my TFSA.
Passive Income Update For January 2019.
Diversified Royalty: $9.62 (dripped 3 shares)
Canadian Western Bank: $0.26
Artis Reit: $26.73 (dripped 2 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.49
Plaza Reit: $27.32 (dripped 6 shares)
Algonquin Power: $152.47 (dripped 11 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.32 (dripped 1 shares)
TFSA’s Total: $230.21
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $227.36 (dripped 7.9 new units)
Total Passive Income Jan 2019: $457.57
My portfolio jumped back up 6.58%. My portfolio currently sits at $308,441.55
Dividends grew by $38.51 compared to last January. This represents an 9% increase.
I currently have just under $3000 sitting in cash in my RRSP account. I’ve been researching a few companies to deploy that cash – but may also just add to my position(s) in XAW or the CAD Equity Income Fund.
Thanks for reading, Cheers!