April 2018 Passive Income Update: Happy Birthday Edition!
Personal Highlights for April:
- My little man turned 1 on April 28 – and we hosted about 25 people over at our place yesterday for his first Bithday party. He got a ton of gifts, a great Dr. Suess themed custom cake made by my sister-in-law and his first cash gift(s) for his RESP.
For anyone in Winnipeg looking for a delicious and awesome looking custom cake – Check her out: Not.Just.A.Pretty.Cake
- Today was Amber’s first day back at work after a year off for Maternity leave – which is exciting in itself – but ALSO today marks the first day of daycare for Isaac & Holland. I didn’t get much sleep last night – but we got them there on time this morning, lunches packed and even got to work on time!
- I went to all 3 home Jets playoff games (they won all 3) and they knocked out the Minnesota Wild. The Jets are now playing Nashville in the 2nd round and already won a game on the road! Games 3 & 4 are Tuesday & Thursday this week!
- Amber & I took Holland out for dinner for the first time. We went to BP and she loved it. Boston Pizza even gave her a shout out on their Official Twitter Page
- A couple other pictures from the party:
Financial Highlights for April:
- Got my tax return back – and it couldn’t have come at a better time. With Amber currently between Mat Leave and her first pay cheque…and Winnipeg Jet’s playoff tickets & Jet’s season ticket renewals for next year – things were starting to get pretty tight.
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Had my first double digit DRIP (Algonquin Power) 10 new shares!
- Made first contribution to Kids RESP account.
- Broke $500 in Passive income for first month that didn’t include any special dividends/distributions, etc.
- Even with no new stock purchases, dripped 29 new shares/units. I was paid from 9 companies and 1 fund in April.
Passive Income Update For April 2018.
Chorus Aviation: $10.92 (dripped 1 share)
Diversified Royalty: $9.18 (dripped 2 shares)
Artis Reit: $50.67 (dripped 3 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.32
Plaza Reit: $26.06 (dripped 6 shares)
Canadian Western Bank: $0.25
Algonquin Power: $126.34 (dripped 10 shares)
Intertape Polymer: $50.40
Alimentation Couche Tard: $11.25
TFSA’s Total: $287.39
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $218.13 (dripped 7.48 shares)
Total Passive Income April 2018: $505.52
After 2 consecutive months of being down, my portfolio is back up over $300,000 this month. My portfolio increased by 1.80% month over month. The early retirement portfolio now sits at $304,126.90.
Dividends grew by $77.33 vs last April (Increase of 18%).
Current Watch List:
Andrew Peller: ADW
InterRent Reit: IIP
Northview Apartment Reit: NVU
Caledonia Mining: CAL
My Watchlist hasn’t changed from last month, but I am interested in adding to my position in Western Forest.
That’s it! Hope everyone else had a great April!