November 2017 Update. Sit down with me, let’s have a drink.
Happy December! Here is a quick update for November. Had a pretty busy month!
Personal Highlights for November:
- Our daughter turned 2 – and we had our first (of many) parties in the new house.
- Got the Christmas tree set up and decorated. Had my first couple rum & eggnogs:)
- I’ve always been big into cocktails, and trying new concoctions, and lately I’ve been taking it to the next level, trying to learn a little more about the history of certain drinks, experimenting with different flavors, techniques, etc. I’ve started posting some of my favorites to my Instagram. I think eventually I’ll add a section to this blog as well where I will post some new recipes, rate some different spirits, etc. Pictured below: Americano & Classic Negroni!
- Due to the stability concerns in Zimbabwe I sold my shares of Caledonia Mining. This is still one of my favorite stocks, but until things play out I thought I’d get out and watch from the sidelines. I also decided to close my position with Lucara as the stock has been pretty disappointing. I decided to use the proceeds to get back in the Marijuana industry as I had previously liquidated my shares of Organigram & Aurora. I purchased 7071 shares of LGC Capital (LG) for $0.21 and 4000 shares of National Access Cannabis (NAC) for $0.20.
- Redeemed my credit card reward points for $650 which I put into my RSP.
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Amber’s TFSA/RRSP are now over $20,000. (They didn’t exist 6 months ago)
- Amber’s TFSA recieved it’s first dividend from Chorus Aviation (which dripped an extra share).
Now on to the fun stuff.
Passive Income Update For July 2017.
Chorus Aviation: $10.72 (dripped 1 share)
Diversified Royalty: $8.99 (Dripped 2 new shares)
Artis Reit: $49.32 (Dripped 3 new shares)
Plaza Reit: $24.50 (Dripped 5 new shares)
TFSA’s Total: $93.53
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $209.32
Total Passive Income July 2017: $302.85
My portfolio grew by 3.38% month over month and once again hit an all time! Total investment portfolio now sits at $297,039.95. Assuming there isn’t a market crash I should break the $300k mark by the end of the year!
The sell off of Caledonia & Lucara will see my yearly dividends reduced (for now) but I am hopeful the growth in NAC & LG will more than make up for it in the long run. I still want to get back into Caledonia Mining eventually as I believe it is hugely undervalued. I also still have my eye on Andrew Peller.
Hope everyone else had a productive month as well!